BASIC stands for Beginners All purpose Symbolic Instruction Code, this is one of the popular languages among computer techies, developed in 1960 by John Kemeney and Thomas Kurtz in New Hampshire State. BASIC was made available to students in 1970 and was used by the educator as well.
This programming language is developed in simple English, which is easy to learn and adapt. All operating systems support BASIC, which helped to reach masses more efficiently than other languages. Today BASIC is also known as QBASIC and modified to visual basic, in later stages. BASIC was slow in the earlier days as it uses interpreters.
Features of BASIC
- Easy to learn and operates on all operating systems — The Basic programming language is a simple and easy to understand. It has inbuilt functions and structured programming.
- Instead of focusing on batch work, BASIC is designed to interact more with the user.
- Add on powerful features for advanced users — BASIC programming was originally designed as a high-level programming language, used to teach people how to program, which makes it the perfect starting point for your computer science and application education.
- Creation of loop — A set of commands being repeated makes a program loop. How many times it will be executed, i.e. how long the program will stay within a loop, depends on the conditions to leave the loop.
- Contains system commands — The commands are entered by the user through the keyboard and have a specific function.
- User-defined functions are present — which perform a certain task based on a number of input parameters. Functions return a value after execution.
- It can be used for various business applications — added graphical user interface and object-oriented features make it an unavoidable choice for techies.
If you are looking for your kid to start early in the field of coding, BASIC is not a bad option. This will lay foundation for understanding other complex high level languages, which creates the future in technology.
In Every Kid, there is power to change the world
For more information Visit today !!
Website — www.codekaroyaaro.com
Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/codekaroyaaro
Twitter — https://twitter.com/CodeKaroYaaro